High Resolution Audio
- From source to speaker, Sony has brought together an array of technologies for the ultimate audio experience. For High-Resolution Audio files, the digital amp and specialized tweeters reproduce every subtlety, so you can hear each note as the artist intended.
Built-in USB Digital Output
- Simply connect the turntable to a PC and rip your favorite vinyl tracks to music files.
Built-in Phono EQ
- Internal phono EQ amp lets you switch between Line and Phono output so you can play through integrated amp or external phono EQ.
LP/EP Record Playback
- Two-speed turntable operates at 33-1/3 and 45 rpm so you can enjoy LP albums and EP singles.
Vinyl Lives Forever In High-Resolution Audio
- The PS-HX500 is equipped with a high-quality A/D converter. So just connect it to your PC with a USB cable and record your vinyl as High-Resolution Audio tracks (up to DSD 5.6 MHz or PCM 192 kHz/24 bit quality). This is a great way to backup your precious vinyl collection, or even take tracks outdoors with you on your Walkman®. Enjoy the smooth, natural, warm sound of analog masterpieces with all the quality they deserve, anywhere you are.
Get Your Records Ready To Go
- The authentic sound of vinyl, with all its warmth and smoothness, can be enjoyed anytime and anywhere with digital convenience—at home, outdoors, and in your car.
Transfer To Walkman® And Get Going
- Rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then transfer them to your Walkman®. You’ll be able to carry your favorite masterpieces with you for anytime anywhere enjoyment.
Take Them For A Spin
- Rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then copy them to a USB memory device that can be played on a car audio system. Your favorite tunes from vinyl will be free to accompany you on your next drive.
Store Your Collection On HDD
- Just rip the tracks on your vinyl records to a PC as DSD data, and then transfer them to a HDD player. High-capacity storage makes it possible for you to convert a cluttered room full of vinyl into a spacious room filled with music, with instant access and without the bulk.
"Hi-Res Audio Recorder" App
- Editing app for Windows and Mac OS X® lets you cut unwanted parts of the recording and split tracks.
DSD Native AD Converter
- The internal A/D converter supports native conversion from analog to DSD 2.8 MHz or 5.6 MHz digital.
DSD (Direct Stream Digital)
- Co-developed for High-Resolution Audio by Sony and Philips, the companies behind the original CD format, DSD (Direct Stream Digital) offers a revolutionary way of capturing and playing back audio. Unlike the conventional PCM format, a 1-bit DSD audio stream more closely represents the nature of an analog audio waveform. The result is all the advantages of digital audio, including a frequency response in excess of 100 kHz, and ample dynamic range, but with the natural sound of an analog recording. The far less complex capture and decoding process results in audio with an immense sense of space and ultimate representation of an artist’s original vision.
High-Resolution Audio File Formats
- In addition to DSD-recorded DSF files, recording and playback of PCM-recorded WAV files is also supported.
Integrate It Into Your High-Quality Audio System
- Connecting the PS-HX500 with a high-quality audio component system enables you to enjoy all your vinyl with all the raw realism they can offer.
Newly Designed High Sound Quality Rubber Mat
- The new design has a thickness of 0.20 inch, which is the highest level in its class. Excellent adherence to the record’s surface to minimize unnecessary resonance.
Highly Stable Belt Drive System
- The optimized shape of the drive pulley stabilizes the belt drive for natural sound reproduction.
Newly Designed Integrated Shell Type Tonearm
- The tonearm’s integrated shell design improves durability and stabilizes the cartridge to deliver superior focusing and dimensionality of sound. The shell’s lightweight structure helps to optimize the lowest resonance frequency and improve traceability of low frequencies, while its rounded shape helps deliver pure sound untainted by sound characterization. The straight tonearm precisely balances the stylus, with no arm torque to affect stereo balance, and its slackless lateral bearing structure minimizes wow and flutter distortion.
Acoustic-Grade MDF Cabinet
- The acoustic-grade MDF cabinet offers high density thanks to its 1.18-inch thickness. The result is exceptional sonic characteristics and accurate soundstage reproduction.
Aluminum Die Cast Platter
- The high-inertia aluminum die cast platter offers superb balance between strength and mass.
Precision-Shaped Dust Cover
- The dust cover shape has been designed exclusively for minimal vibration. Excellent audio quality even when played with the cover on.
- In addition to insulation to prevent unwanted resonance, uniquely shaped rubber dampers eliminate vibration from racks and other peripheral objects.
Glass Epoxy Circuit Board Improves Structural Stability
- The use of glass epoxy resin material for the circuit board helps to provide better sound quality and stability, especially compared to other competitive models in the same price range.
In The Box
- Adaptor for 45r/min
- USB cable (2 m)
- Phone Cables (1.5m, Red / White with Earth Lug terminal)
- Instruction Manual