This 7.2-channel AVENTAGE network AV receiver is designed to provide high quality sound with Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™. With the latest in HDMI® technologies, experience movies in stunning 4K Ultra HD and high dynamic range (HDR). In addition, Dolby Vision™ and Hybrid Log-Gamma compatibility provide incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors. The free MusicCast app makes it easy to access your music library and streaming music services. Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast wireless speakers or other MusicCast devices. Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and AirPlay® provide flexible wireless connectivity.
- The AVENTAGE Advantage: Designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance through engineering
- Aluminum front panel and Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge
- 7.2-channel Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ (5.1.2-ch)
- Add audio in up to 9 additional rooms with MusicCast
- 4-in, 1-out HDMI with eARC
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through with HDCP 2.2 support, HDR Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma, and BT .2020
- Fully loaded with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, AirPlay®, Spotify Connect, Tidal, and Deezer music streaming service
- Stream Pandora®, Spotify, Napster®, SiriusXM Internet Radio and thousands of free internet radio stations
- DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz, FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, Apple® Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
- Virtual Surround Back Speaker for playing 7.1-channel content with a 5.1-channel system
- YPAO™ sound optimization
- New Cinema DSP Program: Enhanced
The AVENTAGE Advantage
- Craftsmanship in engineering design. The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials and parts to construction, layout, vibration damping (unique foot) and “fine-tuning” the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every AVENTAGE model has the ability to reproduce the subtlest details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
- Enjoy fine sound quality. The Total Purity Concept, which Yamaha has been cultivating for many years, encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity preamplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. All models have fully discrete power amplifiers that help minimize distortion. They also adopt pure independent power supplies, allowing dedicated power supplies for the analog and digital circuitry to prevent digital noise from affecting analog circuitry. The anti-vibration heat sinks are designed to suppress vibration from transistors and sound pressure. Independent power supplies for the DACs are designed to further eliminate noise on certain models. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality.
High Quality Parts for Optimum Performance
- The whole is greater than the sum. Every single part in an AV receiver affects the sound quality. For AVENTAGE models, extra time is taken to find (or develop) the exact parts needed to achieve the highest performance possible. Sound technicians go through a testing process to, in effect, “tune” the receiver’s sound.
Anti-Resonance Technology Foundation
- A firm foundation. The Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge is a fifth foot in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers.
Advanced Design Feet
- Foot fetish. The feet of the receiver feature a newly designed, high-density structure which utilizes two different kinds of interior ribs — straight and curved — to enhance strength and damping performance. Installation stability is improved and chassis resonance is dispersed, effectively eliminating external vibration. The low-range response is enhanced, while resonance peaks in the mid- and high-range are reduced, providing dynamic sound and accurate reproduction.
Aluminum Front Panel
- Shielded from noise. All the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
Discrete Amp Configuration
- Designed for sound. This AV receiver was designed with a strong focus on achieving exceptionally high sound clarity. It employs a discrete amp configuration and a low jitter PLL circuit, which contribute to its excellent audio performance.
4K Ultra HD Full Support
- Darker blacks, whiter whites, and more vivid colors. This AV receiver completely supports with latest HDMI® standards. Thanks to transmission of 4K video at 60 frames per second pass-through, you can fully enjoy the high definition video quality of 4K without degradation. It also adheres to the HDCP 2.2 copyright protection standard for 4K video transmission. It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors. Furthermore, it supports the wider color gamut of BT.2020 pass-through. This AV receiver is also compatible with 3D, Audio Return Channel and CEC for easy operation.
*Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma will be available via future firmware update.
- MusicCast allows you to access your digital music library, streaming music services and Internet radio, as well as Bluetooth® sources, your TV sound and external sources attach Multiroom audio. MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your home wirelessly with playback controlled by a simple app. Start with a MusicCast capable AV receiver in your main entertainment room for the ultimate home theater experience, then add MusicCast speakers, sound bars or Hi-Fi components in other rooms wirelessly to your AV receiver, such as a Blu-ray disc player or CD player.
All Your Content
- MusicCast allows you to access your digital music library, streaming music services and Internet radio, as well as Bluetooth® sources, your TV sound and external sources attached to your AV receiver, such as a Blu-ray disc player or CD player.
- Play your favorite streaming service. This AV receiver is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to let you enjoy easy wireless music playback from mobile devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
- In and out. The RX-A670 is equipped with the latest Bluetooth technology, making wireless operation more convenient than ever. You can stream music from the RX-A670 to Bluetooth headphones for private listening or to Bluetooth speakers.
- iCompatible. This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch®, iPhone®, iPad®, as well as from iTunes® on a Mac® or PC. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer at your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art inside the receiver's on-screen display.
- Access more. This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to your home network or internet to enjoy Internet Radio, Spotify®*, Pandora®* or music stored on a NAS and home PC. The AV Controller app (from iTunes App Store or Google play) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones / tablets.
- Millions of songs. With the Spotify app on your mobile device, you have instant access to millions of songs. Now you can stream those songs to your networked Yamaha AV receiver by using Spotify Connect. Just hit play to start streaming music. When you listen to Spotify outside on your mobile device and come inside, the song immediately streams to your Yamaha AV receiver allowing no interruption to your music playback. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music on Spotify. The Spotify app and premium account are required. Visit www.spotify.com for more details.
Wi-Fi® and Wireless Direct
- Smarter connectivity. Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a wireless connection with your wireless router, greatly simplifying system connections for enjoying networked audio (PC / NAS) and music streaming services. If a Wi-Fi router is not available, the unique Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via the AV Controller App, AirPlay® etc., but also allows for control of the AV receiver as well.
AV Controller App
- Easy and convenient operation. This AV receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller App that is downloadable from iTunes®, Google Play or the Amazon Appstore to control the power, volume, input selections, DSP modes and much, much more from an iPhone® or Android™ device. You can also use as many as 23 different languages and customize the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™
- Find every dimension. Enter a new world of sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. These sound technologies transport you from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with captivating, multidimensional sound that fills your room with amazing richness and depth. Music, people, and objects come alive in breathtaking detail and flow in precise choreography all around you, making you feel like you are truly there. These new sound technologies will fill the room with multidimensional sound that makes you feel as if you are right in the middle of the story unfolding on the screen.
Virtual Presence and Surround Back Speakers
- Wide, high, and dense sound. CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers three-dimensional sound without the actual use of presence speakers.
Speaker Layout Patterns
- Multiple placement patterns are available for presence speakers that support Dolby Atmos & DTS:X, creating a sound field that’s ideal for your setup. Any layout can be appropriately reproduced, including the three-dimensional space of CINEMA DSP as well as both sound formats.
- This AV receiver is compatible with many audio formats such as Dolby® True HD and DTS-HD Master Audio™. It is also compatible with high-resolution audio codecs such as DSD/AIFF/FLAC/WAV/Apple® Lossless. You will enjoy the excellent sound quality of these various high-resolution audio codecs from the USB input on the front panel or from network connected devices.
Zone B Output
- Second room sound. Zone B output capability allows the receiver to send 2-channel sound to a second zone, so the main zone now has 5-channel output. This means that users can enjoy stereo sound in a second room. The same source will play in both zones (cannot use two sources).
YPAO™ Sound Optimization
- Sound optimized. YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It’s like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
Rich Bass Reproduction
- Feel your lows. This exclusive low-range enhancement technology delivers richer bass than you would expect from smaller sized speakers while maintaining good localization and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
- Improved sound imaging. The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused soundstage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim Control takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Compressed Music Enhancer
- Hear more. When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
- No intermissions. Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard. *Compatible with WAV, FLAC and ALAC file formats, and input from USB/PC/NAS.
- Create sound fields at home. This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize original DSP technologies from Yamaha. These sound programs allow you to easily create sound fields like actual movie theaters or concert halls in your room to enjoy natural stereoscopic sound fields. It is now possible to use the AV Controller App to adjust the DSP parameters in a basic or advanced mode to match the mood of your favorite movie or music album.
Front USB iDevice Connection
- iCompatibility. A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod® and iPhone®, which also charges the iOS device when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod and iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal-loss or interference. You get to enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control
- One touch start. There are four SCENE buttons. You can preset them for different inputs, as well as a sound field program, Music Enhancer, HDMI output and more. The inputs can be set to specific sources, such as an FM or Internet radio station, a station on a streaming service, a USB device or a song on a PC or NAS (network). Once you have set the buttons, simply press one on the main unit or the remote control to power on the receiver and hear your desired music. The buttons can be re-set at any time.
AV Setup Guide App
- Install with ease. The AV SETUP GUIDE makes it much easier to perform the set-up process with the Yamaha AV receiver. This app assists you with cable connections between the AV receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections and power amplifier assignments. System illustrations and actual AV receiver images help you understand how to make the connections between devices. It is available in multiple languages and is designed for iOS and Android™ tablets.
- Get nostalgic. This AV receiver provides phono input terminals so you can connect a turntable and you can enjoy music from your vinyl collection.
- Go Green. When ECO mode is turned on it can reduce power consumption by about 20 percent. Moreover, with an advanced energy saving design, this AV receiver achieves a low power consumption of not more than two watts when in Network Standby mode.
*Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
- With an advanced energy saving design, this AV receiver achieves a low power consumption of not more than two watts when in Network Standby mode.
- Without Wireless Antenna: 17.13"W x 6.38"H x 13"D
- With Wireless Antenna: 17.13"W x 8.88"H x 13"D