High sound quality network Hi-Fi receiver with support for high-resolution audio (up to DSD 5.6 MHz) and a phono input so you can listen to your favorites on vinyl. MusicCast provides versatile wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, AirPlay® and Spotify Connect), access to streaming services and music libraries, and wireless multiroom audio control using a simple app on your smartphone or tablet.
Access all your music with a simple app and wirelessly stream it throughout your home using your existing Wi-Fi® network.
- Stream it all. Listen to Pandora®, Spotify, Napster®, SiriusXM Internet Radio, thousands of free internet radio stations and the music stored on your smart devices and computers.
- Wireless connectivity. All MusicCast products are fully loaded with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and AirPlay®.
- Expand to a whole home audio experience. When you’re ready, add MusicCast wireless speakers, sound bars or other devices in up to 9 other rooms and listen throughout your home.
- No wires, easy installation. By using MusicCast, you don't need to fuss with placing wires through walls into other rooms.
Bluetooth® Output for Convenient Music Streaming
The R-N602 is equipped with Bluetooth® functionality to let you easily enjoy wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is now optimized for Bluetooth audio transmissions to ensure that your music will have vivid, lively sound quality during wireless playback.
Wireless Music Streaming via Bluetooth® or AirPlay®
- Enjoy music from your smartphone or tablet wirelessly using a Bluetooth connection. You can also use the convenient AirPlay function for wireless music streaming from iPhone® or iPads®. In addition, a Network Standby mode provides the convenience of having the R-N602 turn on and off automatically.
Streaming Services Offer a Huge Range of Listening Choices
- Enjoy support for music streaming services like Pandora®, Spotify, Rhapsody® and SiriusXM Internet radio means you’ll enjoy a wide variety of music content. Furthermore, support for the vTuner radio station database enables sampling of Internet radio broadcasts from around the world.
Enjoy the Entire Spectrum of All Your Favorite Music Sources
- The R-N602 is a stereo receiver and network audio player in a single unit. You can use it to easily play audio downloaded from the Internet, stored on a PC or NAS system or enjoy streaming music services and Internet radio (with vTuner). Moreover, the MusicCast app from Yamaha allows you to enjoy your favorite tunes on a smartphone or tablet device via a wireless connection.
Extensive Audio Codec and Format Support
- This network stereo receiver is compatible with high-resolution audio codecs such as DSD / AIFF / FLAC / WAV / Apple® Lossless. You will enjoy the excellent sound quality of these various high-resolution audio codecs from the USB input on the front panel or from network connected devices. It uses a Burr-Brown 192 kHz / 24-bit DAC that has a firmly established reputation for quality.
USB Digital Connection for iPod® and iPhone® on the Front Panel
- A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod® and iPhone®, which also charges the iOS device when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod and iPhone is transmitted directly to the receiver, there is no signal-loss or interference. You get to enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control unit to operate the iPod and iPhone for basic playback control.
Gapless Playback Compatibility Allows Play without Interruption
- Many live and classical albums have no gaps in the music. Gapless playback ensures that there are no pauses between audio files. This provides playback with no interruptions, the way it was meant to be heard.
ToP-ART Sound Quality Design and Highest Quality Parts
- Everything in the R-N602 has been built for maximum performance. The internal design utilizes simple, direct transmission of the signals — ensuring optimum separation and elimination of noise and distortion for pure sound reproduction. This includes dual independent power supplies for the two sound sources (analog and digital) as well as original ToP-ART (Total Purity Audio Reproduction Technology) and Art Base chassis construction to fully protect audio signals from noise and vibration. Moreover, all parts and materials have been carefully selected and tested to make sure they are of only the highest quality so that they all work together to provide the absolute best sound possible.
Pure Direct Mode for Greater Sound Purity
- Engaging the Pure Direct switch causes the audio signal to bypass the control circuits for bass, treble, balance and the back buffer amp. This improves sound quality while maintaining full output capacity. Shortening the signal route improves sound purity, helping to reproduce even the most delicate musical nuances.
Digital Audio Inputs for TV or Blu-ray Disc™ Players
- The R-N602 is equipped for digital audio inputs with both optical and coaxial terminals. The optical is for receiving audio from a TV and the coaxial for receiving audio from a Blu-ray Disc player. The audio stays in the digital domain, giving you pure, pristine dynamic sound for all your entertainment sources.
Simple Yet Sophisticated Design
- With a beautifully simple and unique design inherited directly from Yamaha Hi-Fi audio components, the R-N602 also boasts an easy-to-operate button layout. The aluminum front panel has a richly textured silver hairline finish. The control knobs are also of the same luxurious construction as used on our top-end models. Both inside and out, everything about the R-N602 demonstrates our commitment to superior design quality and ease of use.
ECO Mode and Auto Power Standby
- The R-N602 has an ECO mode that reduces power consumption by about 20%* and an Auto Power Standby function that you can set to turn the power off after two, four, eight or 12 hours.
- Compared to power consumption when ECO mode is off (Yamaha measurement).
Other Notable Features
- Continuously Variable Loudness Control
- Subwoofer output
- Phono MM terminal for vinyl playback
- Screw-type speaker terminals
- 40 station FM/AM preset tuning
- Speaker selector and speaker terminals for two systems